Recipe by Abby Girl
I serve this bread with pasta and soups. This is comfort food! This could be made up in stages, ready for that last minute baking
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated and divided
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in the 1 T butter until golden
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Cut the butter into the flour until until it resembles small pebbles. Stir in the egg and milk.
- Add the onion and 1/2 cup of the cheese. Spread the batter in a round or square 8 x 8 cake pan.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the cheese and poppy seeds.
- Preheat oven to 400. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes.