Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Perfect comfort food.
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups peeled cubed potatoes
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook onions in butter until limp, but not brown.
- Add potato, water, bouillon cubes, salt, and pepper. Cover, bring to a boil, then simmer for about 15 minutes till potatoes are tender.
- Remove from heat and blend till smooth.
- Return to saucepan and add milk and cheese.
- Reheat slowly until cheese melts, but do not boil!
Very good, basic potato soup. It certainly warms you on a cold day. After I added the second cup of milk, I decided to omit the third because it was getting too thin. I added some parsley for some extra flavor. Thanx for sharing a yummy soup!