The cheese and mushrooms are in the burgers which keeps them very moist. Serve on crusty toasted rolls with your favorite topppings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 crusty French rolls, toasted
- 1Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet on medium high heat.
- 2Add mushrooms, onion and garlic.
- 3Sauté 5 minutes, stirring often, or until onions are soft.
- 4Scrape mixture into mixing bowl.
- 5Wipe out skillet with paper towels.
- 6Combine mushroom mixture with beef, cheese, bread crumbs, milk, salt, pepper and thyme and mix well.
- 7Form 4 ovals in shape and size of rolls.
- 8Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in wiped out skillet on medium high heat.
- 9Add burgers and cook 4 to 5 minutes.
- 10Turn with spatula and cook 4 to 5 minutes more, or to desired doneness.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Mushroom Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 555.0
- Calories from Fat 293
- Total Fat 32.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 99.9 mg
- Sodium 830.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 34.9 g