Recipe by Marie
The cheese and mushrooms are in the burgers which keeps them very moist. Serve on crusty toasted rolls with your favorite topppings.
Top Review by Twiggyann
Very nice. We really enjoyed these. Next time I will add more onions and probably a touch of cheddar cheese for the hubby. I personally liked just the Monterey Jack cheese. These will definitely be made again and again.
- 3 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 crusty French rolls, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet on medium high heat.
- Add mushrooms, onion and garlic.
- Sauté 5 minutes, stirring often, or until onions are soft.
- Scrape mixture into mixing bowl.
- Wipe out skillet with paper towels.
- Combine mushroom mixture with beef, cheese, bread crumbs, milk, salt, pepper and thyme and mix well.
- Form 4 ovals in shape and size of rolls.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in wiped out skillet on medium high heat.
- Add burgers and cook 4 to 5 minutes.
- Turn with spatula and cook 4 to 5 minutes more, or to desired doneness.