Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Serve these at your next party. From Taste of Home.
- 2 (8 ounce) tubes refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 (4 ounce) cans mushroom stems and pieces, drained and chopped
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Unroll the crescent dough into two long rectangles; seal seams and perforations.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, mushrooms, garlic powder and Cajun seasoning. Spread over the dough to within 1 inch of the edges.
- Roll up each rectangle jelly-roll style; starting with a long side; seal edges.
- Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet.
- Beat egg and water; brush over dough. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into slices.
LOVED the flavor! But ours fell flat! Even picky kids gobbled it up.
Yum! You can't go wrong with cream cheese and crescent rolls. I cut the recipe in half -thank goodness - because I almost ate the whole thing myself. I also skipped the egg part and just baked it as is. I am sure this would be good with pepperoni, sausage, or just about anything. Thanks for the recipe.
Excellent! You may substitute fresh chopped mushrooms.The flavor really comes through!.