Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
mmmm....... These are GOOD. Compliments of Chatelaine magazine.
- 4 lbs potatoes, about 6 to 8 medium
- 1 tablespoon butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream or 1⁄2 cup regular sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (optional)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Peel potatoes and cut in half. Place in a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Cover saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Then, reduce heat to medium and boil gently, partially covered, until potatoes are tender, from 20 to 30 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and mash, preferably with a potato masher.
- Stir in butter, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Stir in cheese just until mixed.
- Pile into a heated serving dish.
- Potatoes can be covered and kept warm in oven for up to 30 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped parsley or finely sliced green onions, if you wish.
The best mashed potato recipe ever and so easy. The whole thing was gone, so I'm definitly keeping this one and my 7 year old son, absolutely loved it he said it was delicious! Mmmmm!!!
You are right, Carmen, these ARE good! My son who recently had a tonsillectomy requested some cheesy potatoes, so I decided on this recipe. Of course, he added even more cheese, but said they went down sooo good! The rest of us enjoyed them too. I sued FF sour cream and reduced fat cheddar. Thanks Carmen B. !
I made these last night omg they were great!!! the only thing I changed was the amount of sour cream and cheese I didnt really measure I just know I put a lot more then the recipe called for. It was awasome and i will be making again!!!! We had it with recipe number 279234!!!