Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This came from thatsmyhome.com They have a TON of ABM recipes. My Daddy LOVES jalapeno cheese bread, and I have been looking for a recipe to make for him! I have not made this yet, I am just putting it here for safe keeping! :) I will update after I make it!
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
- 3 cups bread flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 10 ounces warm water
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Place yeast, flour, salt, sugar, oil, water and jalapeños in bread machine according to manufacturer's directions.
- Toward end of mixing during final proofing cycle, add cheese. (This method yields bread with cheese pieces throughout. If cheese is added earlier, it blends completely into the bread.)
- Process on regular cycle.
I elected to make buns and baked at 350 on a greased and cornmeal sprinkled pan. They turned out so lovely! Light & fluffy and with a definite hint of jalapeno and cheese. I'll be making them again. Thank you for sharing your recipe!
I made 8 *big* beautiful buns with this and could easily have gotten 10 but didn't want to use another baking sheet for two buns (talk about lazy!). I had to use the jarred jalapeno's but I don't think that hurt the flavor as the cheese and pepper came through very well. They are very light and fluffy even with all of that cheese. Excellent recipe. :D
I didn't read carefully the directions and I put the cheese with all the ingredients. And then I read to put it at the end LOL It was too late to remove the cheese LOL I used 1 large jalapeno pepper. The bread is spicy but not too much. I baked it in the oven at 350 F for at least 35 minutes. I'll have to do it again and add the cheese at the end. I want to see chunks of cheese ;) Thanks Sarah :) Made for PRMR tag game