Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Jalapeño peppers stuffed and toasted. A smaller version of the Main Rellenos dish.
- 18 -20 large jalapeno peppers, halved, seeded with membranes removed
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons bacon bits
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Line baking sheet with foil and spray with Pam. After peppers have been cut in half and seeded, lay cut side down on wax paper or paper towel and spray peppers lightly with Pam.
- Mix all ingredients until well blended. Spoon evenly into peppers, placing peppers on baking sheet as filled, cut side up.
- Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- May be garnished with sour cream or Picante sauce if desired.
- * Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeño can be substituted for the cheddar cheese if more spice desired.