Recipe by chefnicole
A great side dish for an everyday family meal, or a dish for a party
Top Review by mama smurf
Cut the recipe in half for DH and I but instead of the full amount of sour cream I used half and a full can of cream of mushroom soup. I did add some garlic seasoning the the onions but otherwise went with the recipe. Next time I might add some red pepper for a little zing. Served with recipe#467346#467346 and recipe#248996#248996. Made for Spring PAC 2014.
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 2 lbs hash browns
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- mix together the first 4 ingredients.
- put half of the hash browns into a 9x13 dish.
- put on 1 cup of cheese, and half of the soup mix.
- add another layer of hash browns and then the cheese and soup mix on top.
- crush the corn flakes and mix with the butter.
- spread the corn flake mixture on top.
- bake at 350 degrees for 45 mins-1 hr, if the has browns are thawed, 1hr-1 1/2 hr if not.