Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
If you are a cheese lover, then this one is for you, this just melts in your mouth. If desired the cooked ham can be replaced with finely chopped cooked chicken or turkey, but I think it tastes much better with the ham, I have even added frozen squeezed chopped spinach to the mixture.....Remember, serve this as soon as it comes out of the oven, that's when the taste is at it's peak. Great served with a side salad and crusty bread....your going to love this!
Top Review by Chef Emstar
I have been looking for a recipe to imitate a dish that I love at Rosine's in Monterey, CA and this is as close as you can get. Very satisfying! I don't eat ham, so I subbed green chilies. I love cheese, but I think that next time i'll use only 2 c. of cheddar as it was REALLY cheesy. Thanks for helping me satisfy a 3 yr. craving, Kittencal!
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half cream or 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cooked ham, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted or very soft
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 2 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, finely shredded, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, parsley (if using),paprika and the cayenne pepper.
- Add the flour mixture into the eggs; beat to combine.
- Gradually add in the half and half or milk (if using).
- Add in all the remaining ingredients, except the finely shredded cheddar cheese; beat with an electric mixer until well blended.
- Add in the shredded cheddar cheese; mix to combine.
- Transfer to prepared casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with 2-3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese over the casserole, (if using) and the remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese on top (or more if desired).
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- SERVE IMMEDIATELY-- delicious!