If you are a cheese lover, then this one is for you, this just melts in your mouth. If desired the cooked ham can be replaced with finely chopped cooked chicken or turkey, but I think it tastes much better with the ham, I have even added frozen squeezed chopped spinach to the mixture.....Remember, serve this as soon as it comes out of the oven, that's when the taste is at it's peak. Great served with a side salad and crusty bread....your going to love this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half cream or 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cooked ham, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted or very soft
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 2 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, finely shredded, divided
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
- 3In a bowl, beat the eggs.
- 4In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, parsley (if using),paprika and the cayenne pepper.
- 5Add the flour mixture into the eggs; beat to combine.
- 6Gradually add in the half and half or milk (if using).
- 7Add in all the remaining ingredients, except the finely shredded cheddar cheese; beat with an electric mixer until well blended.
- 8Add in the shredded cheddar cheese; mix to combine.
- 9Transfer to prepared casserole dish.
- 10Sprinkle with 2-3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese over the casserole, (if using) and the remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese on top (or more if desired).
- 11Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- 12SERVE IMMEDIATELY-- delicious!
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Ham Poof
Serving Size: 1 (351 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 799.9
- Calories from Fat 530
- Total Fat 58.9 g
- Saturated Fat 32.4 g
- Cholesterol 454.8 mg
- Sodium 1038.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 46.8 g