- 453.59 g Italian bread, loaf
- 73.94 ml butter, softened
- 9.85 ml virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4.92 ml oregano
- salt and pepper
- 236.59 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the broiler.
- Cut the bread into slices 1 to 2 inches thick.
- In a small bowl, mix butter, olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Spread the mixture evenly on the bread slices.
- On a medium baking sheet, arrange the slices evenly and broil 5 minutes, or until slightly brown.
- Check frequently so they do not burn.
- Remove from broiler.
- Top with cheese and return to broiler 2 to 3 minutes, until cheese is slightly brown and melted.
- Serve at once.