Recipe by Tee Lee
From Easy Everyday Cooking recipe card. This buttery garlic bread is simple to make and goes well with almost any meal. My favorite way to make garlic bread.
- 1 loaf French bread, unsliced (medium-sized)
- 118.29 ml butter, softened (or margarine)
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 4.92 ml dried parsley
- 4.92 ml dried chives
- 78.07 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- aluminum foil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut slices down the length of the loaf at 1-inch intervals, WITHOUT cutting all the way through.
- Rub slices and top of loaf with cut sides of garlic halves.
- Finely mince garlic halves.
- Combine softened butter, minced garlic, parsley, chives and parmesan in a small bowl.
- Spread butter mixture between bread slices and on top of loaf.
- Wrap bread in foil, wrapping the ends tightly, but leaving the top partially uncovered.
- Bake until heated through, about 15 minutes.
- To serve, tear or cut slices off loaf.