Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Nice big plate of pasta,for those chilly spring nights.
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 25 g butter
- 25 g plain flour
- 275 ml full fat milk, boiled and hot
- 100 g mascarpone
- 50 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 50 g cheese (like parmesan or double gloucester)
- 4 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- freshley ground black pepper
- 350 g cooked pasta (farfalle rigatoni or penne)
- grated cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 220C, Gas 7.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan and add the onions and garlic.
- Cook for 5 mins.
- so they soften.
- Heat the butter until melted and add the flour to form a roux.
- Gradually add the hot milk,stirring all the time until you have a nice sauce consistency.
- Stir in the onions and garlic.
- Pour the hot sauce into a bowl, and add the mascarpone, Cheddar, your chosen other cheese, the cooked pasta and parsley.
- Season well and mix together.
- Pour into a ceramic baking dish,top with a little grated cheese, then place onto a baking tray.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 20 minutes to brown all over.
- Cool slightly, then serve with green salad and garlic bread.