Recipe by VickyJ
The is so easy. Just throw it in a 1 3/4 casserole dish and bake for an hour. It's nice when you're in lazy mood, but still want a home-cooked meal. It's very tasty.
Top Review by Christy M. From Indiana
Oh boy! This is definately a comfort food! I made this and just tried it a few minutes ago, I had to hop on here and leave a great rating! This is delicious! It is early August but this is still great, although I do think this would be PERFECT for one of those cold snowy winter nights when everyone is sick of chili and soup! SUPERB! Thanks so much for sharing! Added to my favorites!!! Note: I did not add the cheese my 2nd time making this because I just was not in the mood for cheesy, this still turned out wonderfully!
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (6 ounce) box chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can mushroom soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cooked vegetables
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat butter in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 12 to 15 minute or until no longer pink. Remove chicken, let cool a bit, then cut in chunks.
- PrepareE stuffing in skillet according to package directions except let stand 2 minute.
- Layer stuffing, chicken and veggies in 1 3/4 - 2 quart casserole dish. Mix soup and milk. Pour over layers. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and heat through (about an hour).