Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Freezes well. I sometimes use the sauce (without the chicken) over cooked shrimp in pastry cups. Our family really likes this recipe.
- 5 lbs chicken cooked with celery
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, chopped
- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked
- Cook chicken in water with celery. Save water.
- Remove from bone, cut into chunks.
- Saute bell pepper, celery, & onion in butter.
- Mix in cheese and remaining ingredients.
- Cook spaghetti in reserved broth.