Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Low-Fat Cheesy Chicken Rolls
- 1 tablespoon chives, snipped
- 1 tablespoon plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon parsley, snipped
- 1⁄4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon pimiento strip, chopped
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon dry breadcrumbs, fine
- 1⁄2 cup lowfat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- For filling, in a small bowl combine cheese, mushrooms, the 1/4 cup yogurt, chives, parsley, and pimento.
- Place 1 chicken breast half, boned side up, between 2 pieces of clear plastic wrap.
- Working from the center to the edges, pound lightly with a meat mallet to 1/8" thickness. Remove plastic wrap.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Spread some of the filling on each chicken breast half. Fold in the sides and roll up.
- Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Arrange rolls seam side down in a 10x6x2" baking dish.
- Combine bread crumbs and paprika.
- Brush chicken with the 1 Tbs yogurt; sprin kle with crumb mixture.
- Bake in 350 deg F. oven for 20-25 minutes or till chicken is tender and no longer pink.
The chicken rolls looked great when I put them on the plate to serve them but alas the taste of the filling was quite bland. Perhaps a cheddar instead of mozzarella cheese would improve it.