1/1 Photo of Cheesy Chicken Penne
This warm, yummy, Italian-lover dish came about when my cousin asked my mom, "Can we have something with cheese and pasta in it?" Yeah mom!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fill a large pot with water and cook penne according to directions on box.
- 2Meanwhile, chop the thawed chicken into bite-size strips. Set aside.
- 3When the penne is done, drain and set aside; heat the pot with the olive oil and let the oil get really hot.
- 4Add just under 1 TBSP of fresh minced garlic and add basil and onion. Stir around a bit and add the chicken. Sprinkle with salt and then sprinkle a lot of garlic salt. Add a little ground black pepper.
- 5Stir fry until chicken is no longer pink, around 5 minutes; do not overcook, as the chicken will get tough!
- 6Spoon the chicken into the bottom of a casserole dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray; glass looks really pretty. Spread penne evenly over that.
- 7Pour marinara sauce over all and sprinkle mozzarella cheese over that. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese over everything, it should just be a thin layer.
- 8Bake at 300°F until cheese melts, about 9-15 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Chicken Penne
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 542.9
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 77.8 mg
- Sodium 755.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 29.6 g