Recipe by IRON CHEF TIM
This recipe is creamy and delicious. My kids LOVED it! I think the wide egg noodles work best but you can also use medium. Make sure you cook the noodles for about a minute or two less than the package directions. Coupled with garlic Texas toast and a nice salad it is a really great meal. You could also substitute the chicken with cooked cubed ham or Kielbasa. Serves 4 people comfortably.
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked al dente
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, grated (2oz reserved)
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In large sauce pan, cook egg noodles per package directions (less 1 to 2 minutes).
- In the warm pan, removed from heat, combine egg noodles and margarine with all ingredients except 2 oz Monterey Jack cheese.
- Mix well.
- Place in a greased 2 liter casserole dish.
- Top with remaining 2 oz Monterey jack cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.