This is pretty simple, and has lots of room for enhancements and changes. I love it as is, but one could easily use broccoli, peas, other cheeses and so on. I'd personally like to try adding bacon crumbles, substituting green onions, and experimenting with a crunchier texture. Of course one can use regular chicken breasts cut into pieces, instead of the canned variety.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) bag egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 (10 ounce) cans cooked chicken breasts, drained
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup white onion
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives
- salt and pepper, enough for the whole dish
- 1Mix the chicken, soup, milk, 3 cups shredded cheese, onion, curry powder, salt and pepper; stir well. Let sit to absorb curry flavor if desired.
- 2Add the cooked egg noodles. Mix together and pour into greased 9x13 dish.
- 3Top with sliced black olives and the rest of the shredded cheese. Bake 20 minutes at 350°F Continue cooking until cheese is melted and browned.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Chicken Curry Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 601.7
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 28.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 163.4 mg
- Sodium 837.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 45.0 g