Recipe by Dave-a-flav
This is pretty simple, and has lots of room for enhancements and changes. I love it as is, but one could easily use broccoli, peas, other cheeses and so on. I'd personally like to try adding bacon crumbles, substituting green onions, and experimenting with a crunchier texture. Of course one can use regular chicken breasts cut into pieces, instead of the canned variety.
Top Review by ally525573
I loved this!I can not think of anything any easier than using ine of my favorite shortcuts.Canned chicken!I love the fact that it has tons of cheese in it.I added a can of corn,black beans,and some broccoli!It turned out so good!Next time I hope that I can find the whole wheat noodles that I usually use!I will make this one alot more!!
- 1 (16 ounce) bag egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 (10 ounce) cans cooked chicken breasts, drained
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup white onion
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives
- salt and pepper, enough for the whole dish
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the chicken, soup, milk, 3 cups shredded cheese, onion, curry powder, salt and pepper; stir well. Let sit to absorb curry flavor if desired.
- Add the cooked egg noodles. Mix together and pour into greased 9x13 dish.
- Top with sliced black olives and the rest of the shredded cheese. Bake 20 minutes at 350°F Continue cooking until cheese is melted and browned. Let rest for 10 minutes.