Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is pretty simple, and has lots of room for enhancements and changes. I love it as is, but one could easily use broccoli, peas, other cheeses and so on. I'd personally like to try adding bacon crumbles, substituting green onions, and experimenting with a crunchier texture. Of course one can use regular chicken breasts cut into pieces, instead of the canned variety.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 (10 ounce) cans cooked chicken breasts, drained
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup white onion
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives
- salt and pepper, enough for the whole dish
- Mix the chicken, soup, milk, 3 cups shredded cheese, onion, curry powder, salt and pepper; stir well. Let sit to absorb curry flavor if desired.
- Add the cooked egg noodles. Mix together and pour into greased 9x13 dish.
- Top with sliced black olives and the rest of the shredded cheese. Bake 20 minutes at 350°F Continue cooking until cheese is melted and browned. Let rest for 10 minutes.
I loved this!I can not think of anything any easier than using ine of my favorite shortcuts.Canned chicken!I love the fact that it has tons of cheese in it.I added a can of corn,black beans,and some broccoli!It turned out so good!Next time I hope that I can find the whole wheat noodles that I usually use!I will make this one alot more!!
loved this dish!!! i mean loved it! awesome comfort food! i took your advice and added some crumbled bacon, about 1/2 lbs. i cut recipe in half since it's just dh and i. i used a 2 quart casserole dish. i added some serrano peppers for extra heat and garlic since we love it so much! i used about 2 tablespoons of curry...next time i might use more! we love everything really really spicy!! thanks dave-a-flav for this comforting, tasty keeper!!! will add to my collection and make often!! thanks again. made for PAC contest, fall '07.
This was easy and cheesy... my two favs for a week night meal! I used grilled chicken and added some bread crumbs to the top and broiled it for a few minutes. The lightly crispy top went nicely with the warm, cheesy casserole. Thank you for the recipe!