Recipe by Manda
I always thought my grandmother's broccoli soup was the best, UNTIL I tried this one!! It's easy, and OHH SO GOOD!! You can omit the puree step if you prefer a more chunkier soup, but I find that it produces a thicker, creamier texture. I got the basic recipe for this soup from the net, but played with it for a while, and of course added more veggies and GARLIC, and altered the sp
- 10 3⁄4 ounces canned beef broth (1 can)
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of celery soup (1 can)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or finely chopped
- black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 2 cups coarsely chopped broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley, , for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients, except cheddar and parsley in large saucepan.
- Bring to boil, stirring.
- Lower heat and simmer about 30 min.
- ,or until veggies become tender, stirring often.
- With slotted spoon, remove about half of broccoli, celery, and onion to food processor or blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Return to saucepan and stir.
- Slowly add cheddar cheese, stirring constantly until cheese is completely blended into soup.
- Before serving, garnish with a sprinkle of parsley, if desired.