Prep 5 mins
Cook 13 mins
Hearty soup made simple!
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 1⁄3 cups instant mashed potatoes
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat broth, onions, and broccoli to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in potatoes, mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cook on low for 5 minutes.
- For creamier soup, puree half in blender and return to pot and heat through.
This was very good. I left the chicken out, used velvetta cheese & left over mashed potatoes.
This was awesome!!! Made exactly as written and is a definite keeper!!! Had it with nice sliced Italian Loaf bread and will definitely make again for us or for company!!! thanks so much1!!
This was a marvelous, quick, and easy soup recipe, due to the use of instant mashed potatoes. I did make some minor changes though. I left out the chicken and salt, and I changed the cheese to mild cheddar. I also used skim milk and low salt broth; but the soup was still creamy and delicious. My daughter and husband raved about it too!