Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great with soup!
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can refrigerated breadstick dough
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Spray 2 baking sheets with vegetable cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine mozzarella, basil, garlic powder, oregano and pepper; mix well.
- Set aside.
- For breadsticks, unroll dough and separate breadsticks.
- Cut each strip crosswise in half.
- On a lightly floured surface, with floured fingertips, twist 2 dough halves together to form breadsticks.
- Place 1" apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Press ends to sheets to prevent unraveling.
- In another small bowl, beat together egg and water.
- Lightly brush tops of breadsticks with egg wash.
- Sprinkle mozzarella mixture over breadsticks; turn and coat other side.
- Bake breadsticks until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.