Recipe by HeidiSue
This delicious side dish can also be served as a dip with tortilla chips. From Southern Living March 2008.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mexican four cheese blend
Directions See How It's Made
- Process beans and broth in a food processor 10 to 15 seconds or until smooth.
- Sauté onion and jalapeño pepper in hot oil in a large skillet 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Add black bean puree and salt, stirring until blended. Cook, stirring frequently, 3 minutes or until bean mixture is thoroughly heated. Stir in cheese until melted. Serve immediately.