Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick and easy, colorful and flavorful. A definite crowd-pleaser.
Make and share this Cheesy Black Bean Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained, rinsed & mashed
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded or 1 1⁄2 cups Mexican blend cheese
- 2⁄3 cup picante sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (to garnish) or 1 tablespoon parsley, minced (to garnish)
- tortilla chips or pita chips or vegetables
- In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove bacon from pan, crumble, and set aside.
- If there is more than about 1 tablespoon of grease in the pan, drain off some of the excess.
- Saute garlic and onions in bacon drippings for 2-3 minutes.
- Add beans, cheese, picante sauce, oregano, cumin, and cayenne to pan, and mix well.
- Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted.
- Stir in bacon.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, garnish if desired and serve with chips or vegetables.
This was delicious with blue corn chips and multigrain pita chips and also makes a great bean spread for quesadillas or huevos rancheros. Thanks for posting!