Quick and easy, colorful and flavorful. A definite crowd-pleaser.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained, rinsed & mashed
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese or 1 1/2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded or 1 1/2 cups Mexican blend cheese
- 2/3 cup picante sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or 1/4 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (to garnish) or 1 tablespoon parsley, minced (to garnish)
- tortilla chips or pita chips or vegetables
- 1In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- 2Remove bacon from pan, crumble, and set aside.
- 3If there is more than about 1 tablespoon of grease in the pan, drain off some of the excess.
- 4Saute garlic and onions in bacon drippings for 2-3 minutes.
- 5Add beans, cheese, picante sauce, oregano, cumin, and cayenne to pan, and mix well.
- 6Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted.
- 7Stir in bacon.
- 8Transfer to a serving bowl, garnish if desired and serve with chips or vegetables.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Black Bean Dip
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.1
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 32.9 mg
- Sodium 297.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 8.1 g