Recipe by Danet Robaina
So this one I don't think of the calories since I make it once a year. My family is known to hate Green Bean Casserole however when I created this recipe no one could believe how good it is with crisp bacon and melted cheese this one is a keeper.Don't expect leftovers of this. I guarantee even your Green Bean haters will gobble this up!
Top Review by drc0414
Very good I just made this for our thanksgiving potluck for work and its awesome! I did cook it longer instead of 20 minutes I cooked it for 35 minutes. I also didnt use the bacon grease still yummy! Im so going to make more for thanksgiving.
- 4 1⁄2 cups fresh green beans, blanched and cut
- 2 (8 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 diced green onions, finely
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons of goya adobo seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 1⁄3 cups French's French fried onions
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons Tabasco sauce (optional)
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a skillet fry up bacon until crisp.Reserve 2 teaspoons of bacon grease in pan remove the rest.
- Crumble bacon let aside.
- Add butter to bacon grease fry onions and garlic in pan until golden do not let garlic burn.
- Add green beans lightly toss to crisp in garlic and onions for 2 minutes. Its important to not let the green beans cook to long in pan otherwise they get soggy.
- Remove green beans put in a large casserole dish set aside.
- In same pan that bacon and green beans where cooked add cream of mushroom soup sour cream Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and pepper.Add adobo seasoning.Let cook for 5 minutes. Then add the white wine to loosen sauce. If sauce is still too thick add a few tablespoons of water to loosen up.
- Add cheeses to sauce constantly stirring. Reserve 1/2 cup of cheese for topping.
- In casserole toss green beans with 1 cup of the fried onions and bacon add sauce toss to make sure every bit is covered.
- Place in oven cook for 20 minutes.
- Once bubbly add remaining fried onions and cheese cook for additional 10 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.