Danet Robaina's Note:
So this one I don't think of the calories since I make it once a year. My family is known to hate Green Bean Casserole however when I created this recipe no one could believe how good it is with crisp bacon and melted cheese this one is a keeper.Don't expect leftovers of this. I guarantee even your Green Bean haters will gobble this up!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 1/2 cups fresh green beans, blanched and cut
- 2 (8 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 diced green onions, finely
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons of goya adobo seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 1/3 cups French's French fried onions
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons Tabasco sauce (optional)
- fresh ground pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a skillet fry up bacon until crisp.Reserve 2 teaspoons of bacon grease in pan remove the rest.
- 3Crumble bacon let aside.
- 4Add butter to bacon grease fry onions and garlic in pan until golden do not let garlic burn.
- 5Add green beans lightly toss to crisp in garlic and onions for 2 minutes. Its important to not let the green beans cook to long in pan otherwise they get soggy.
- 6Remove green beans put in a large casserole dish set aside.
- 7In same pan that bacon and green beans where cooked add cream of mushroom soup sour cream Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and pepper.Add adobo seasoning.Let cook for 5 minutes. Then add the white wine to loosen sauce. If sauce is still too thick add a few tablespoons of water to loosen up.
- 8Add cheeses to sauce constantly stirring. Reserve 1/2 cup of cheese for topping.
- 9In casserole toss green beans with 1 cup of the fried onions and bacon add sauce toss to make sure every bit is covered.
- 10Place in oven cook for 20 minutes.
- 11Once bubbly add remaining fried onions and cheese cook for additional 10 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- 12Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Bacon Thanksgiving Green Bean Casserole!
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.2
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 45.8 mg
- Sodium 765.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 10.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
French's French fried onions