Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
My own spruced-up version of the typical restaurant-style hashbrown casserole. Hope you enjoy!
- 2 lbs shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed and drained
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped and sauteed
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup bacon bits
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 3 tablespoons dry ranch dressing mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix cream of chicken soup, sour cream, bacon bits and ranch dressing mix. Add cheddar cheese, onions and hasbrowns.
- Place in greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake 35 minutes or until bubbly.
sorry! made 2 batches for our 2013 annual family butchering and there was nothing left to take a picture of!! everyone loved and was not a drop left. Thanks for a great side dish!! next time I will change as many ingredients as I can to low/no fat.
Made for Easter dinner, everyone enjoyed. Thanks
Made this for pot luck Palm Sunday Brunch, Church Youth Fund Raiser. I made it the night before and refrigerated it, my DH took it to the church and baked it. He said "they about licked it clean!!" I could have made 3 of these and it wouldn't have been enough. Thank You for posting this recipe. I did use 2 bags of frozen hashbrowns, thawed. Added a tad bit more cheese. 3 Tablespoons of dry ranch meant the whole packet for me...:) why save crumbs?