Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I love apples and I love entertaining with brunches. Here is another apple dish that I serve often.
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped (I use Granny Smith or Golden Delicious)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups bisquck baking mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 lb apple smoked bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Heat oven to 375°F Grease 9x9 square pan.
- Mix apple chunks and brown sugar and spread in bottom of baking dish.
- Stir baking mix, milk and eggs until blended and pour over apples.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bacon.
- Bake uncovered 30 - 35 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes out clean.
YUMMY!!! I made it, but added cinnamon on the apples before pouring eggs over them. It turned out really good. I submitted a picture of it so hopefully more can see how good it is!
Mmmm...I really liked this! I followed the recipe as is except I had to use regular bacon and a 6.5"x10" baking dish (it was full to the top!). It was quite easy to make - I cooked the bacon and shredded the cheese the night before so I had less to do in the morning.