Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a excellent casserole. Everyone loves it and no one can get enough. Everyone I know that says they hate tuna casserole has loved mine. I came up with it one day on the spur of a moment with on-hand ingredients. I am positive you will love it too, although if you don't like cheese I would just leave it out. Let me know--I'm excited to see the reviews.
- 1 (12 ounce) package wide egg noodles (any kind of noodles that you prefer will work fine)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna in water, drained. (I sometimes use 2, but that depends on how strong you like your tuna)
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet peas, drained
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese or 1 cup colby-monterey jack cheese
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- sliced Velveeta cheese, enough to cover a casserole dish (American cheese works good to)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Cook noodles as directed on package, until almost done; drain.
- In a large bowl, mix all the other ingredients, except the sliced cheese until well mixed.
- Add the noodles to the mixture and mix well.
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Slightly butter a large casserole dish.
- Pour the mixture in the casserole dish and layer top with the sliced cheese.
- Bake in oven for about an hour or until you have a few dark spots on the layered cheese--done when dark spots are visible.
- Take from oven carefully and cool for a few minutes and ENJOY.