Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Got this out of this month's Everyday with Rachael Ray. They look so good!
- 7 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb beef tenderloin, cut into thin strips
- 2 large bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 2 onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 16 dinner rolls, split
- 1 1⁄2 cups provolone cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large skillet, heat 3 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat until rippling. Season the beef with salt and pepper. Increase heat to high and cook in skillet for 3 minutes; flip and cook for 2 minutes more. Transfer to bowl.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining olive oil (about 1/4 cup) over medium heat. Add the peppers and onions, season with salt and pepper, and cook over medium-high heat, stirring until softened, about 8 minutes.
- Place the roll bottoms on a large rimmed baking sheet and top each with the beef, pepper, and onion strips. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is melted, about 6 minutes or so.
- Transfer to a platter and cover with the roll tops. Share em and enjoy!