Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A winner from BH&G's Aug. 2011 issue.
- 6 fresh peaches, halved and pitted
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon sugar (3 tbs sugar combined with 1 tsp cinnamon)
- 1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- granola cereal (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 15x10x1 inch baking pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- Trim a very thin sliced from the rounded side of each peach half so the halves will stand flat on the baking pan. Dip peach halves in melted butter to coat. Arrange peach halves, cut sides up, in the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle cut sides of peaches with cinnamon sugar; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat softened cream cheese with a mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add sugar, egg yolk and vanilla. Beat until combined. Spoon cream cheese mixture into peach centers.
- Bake, uncovered, about 30 minutes or until lightly browned and softened. Sprinkle with granola. Serve warm or room temperature.