Recipe by MarlaM
My DD & I love pralines and cheesecake, so this is sure to be a hit in my house. The recipe is from Taste of Home.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2⁄3 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the flour, butter, pecans and confectioners' sugar. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 20-24 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add the milk, vanilla and lemon peel. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a saucepan, combine brown sugar and cream. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in pecans and vanilla. Pour over cheesecake.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Cut into squares.