Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
these are fun! great party appetizer or a creative spin on dinner. i like to serve these over lettuce leaves with finger bowls of ketchup, bbq sauce, pickles, and mayonnaise. my husband likes to tuck in crisp bacon when he assembles these.
- 6 soft flour tortillas
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- ketchup or mayonnaise or barbecue sauce or pickles or mustard
- tomatoes, slices
- in a skillet, brown the ground beef, adding seasoned salt and pepper, until completely cooked. drain off the fat and place the meat in a medium bowl.
- pour in the 2 cheeses and onions; mix thouroughly.
- place an equal amount of the cheeseburger mixture on each tortilla; fold each tortilla over to create a half circle and press down lightly.
- coat a skillet or griddle with a little butter or oil and warm to medium heat.
- lightly brown each quesadilla for 2-3 minutes per side until the cheese melts.
- remove quesadillas from the pan and cut each into 3 wedges. serve hot with your favorite cheeseburger toppings.