Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
An easy, throw together weeknight meal that may have your husband and 3 year old throwing themselves at your feet. Ok, maybe I'm over exaggerating, but it will fill them up, thus possibly buying you 10 minutes of peace and quiet!
- 907.18 g ground beef
- 1 sweet onion
- 283.49 g can cheddar cheese soup
- 283.49 g can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 59.14 ml bacon bits
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- 4.92 ml seasoning salt
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 737.08 g seasoned frozen french fries
- 236.59 ml sharp cheddar cheese
- ketchup (or other condiments, but this one for sure)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook the beef and onion together until beef is brown; drain grease and put in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Add both cans of soup, bacon bits, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to the beef and stir until well combined.
- Try to not lick the spatula, spoon, whatever your using to stir with. Go ahead, try not to. Its impossible. Or maybe that's just a "me" thing.
- Cover the mixture with the entire bag of fries and bake for 30 minutes or until fries are golden and crispy.
- Top with sharp cheddar and desired amount of ketchup (or mustard if ur feeling feisty) and bake for another 10 minutes.
- **I chopped up a couple of dill pickles for my plate as my hubby and son don't care much for them, but you could add lettuce, sliced mushrooms, extra onions, spinach and feta, be creative! Its not the kind of meal you have a glass of chilled wine and caviar with (although you could, I won't stop you), but it IS comfort food to the max and kid friendly. And fairly cheap too, which is always nice!