Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Cheesy hamburger stuffed inside a Vienna or French bread with warm cheese sauce.
- 1 loaf whole vienna bread or 1 loaf French bread
- 1 -2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon parsley (more if using fresh)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs (saved from bread)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese
- 10 3⁄4 ounces Campbell's cheddar cheese soup or 10 3⁄4 ounces nacho cheese soup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Cut loaf of bread in half. Scoop out center leaving it hollowed to fill with meat. Set bread aside.
- In skillet, add Extra Virgin Olive Oil and onions. Cook until translucent. Add ground beef, oregano, salt and pepper. Cook 7-10 minutes. Remove from heat. Let cool enough to add the rest of ingredients.
- Add bread (crumble as desired), dry mustard, parsley, egg, and cheese. Mix together. Spoon mixture into each half of bread loaf packing lightly. Replace halves together, and secure with toothpicks.
- Brush top of bread with butter and wrap bread in aluminum foil.
- Bake in oven at 400°F for 10 minutes then loosen foil and continue to bake additional 10 minutes.
- Make Cheese Soup according to directions on can, but thicker in consistency. You want to use it as a sauce, not a soup.
- Slice bread into slices and spoon cheese sauce over each slice.