Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are a wonderful with salads or soups
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- in a bowl combine cheese, flour and cayenne pepper.
- Pour melted butter over mixture and mix well with your hands. Pinch off walnut size pieces of dough and roll to form small balls.
- Place balls on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 350* for 20 mins.( dough will flatten.
- as it bakes) Best made only one day in advance.
- Makes 40 wafers.