Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great potluck salad on a hot summer day.
Make and share this Cheese Tortellini Vegetable Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cheese tortellini
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped oil-cured black olive
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons julienne sliced sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup cherry tomatoes (measure whole) or 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup sugar plum tomato (measure whole)
- 1 large full size carrot, chopped
- 10 basil leaves
- 1⁄2 large red bell peppers or 1⁄2 large orange bell peppers or 1⁄2 large yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 6 small fresh mozzarella balls, quartered
- 1 -2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Blend vinegar, olive oil and garlic for 1 minute, should look lighter and opaque in color (emulsified), put in fridge and begin salad.
- Prepare all ingredients except green beans, broccoli florets, and tortellini, and put in large bowl.
- Bring water in a medium large pot to a boil add 1 tbsp of salt to water, while water is coming to a boil remove stem ends from green beans and cut or break in half, rinse with florets and set aside.
- Cook tortellini for least suggested time, while tortellini is cooking fill a large bowl with ½ ice and ½ water (ice bath).
- Remove tortellini with slotted spoon and put in ice bath, then put all broccoli and green beans in pasta water for 30 seconds, take off heat drain into colander and put into ice bath with pasta (add more ice if needed).
- Drain pasta and veggies after 1-2 minutes, add to other ingredients, pour dressing over and toss gently until mixed through. Serve or refrigerate for up to 5 days.