Recipe by keeney
From the 20 Minute Recipe Club ... submitted by by Giada Di Laurentiis from Giada at Home. "The sweetest, best kind of dates are Medjools. They’re large, so they are easy to fill, meaty, and chewy. Stuffed with goat cheese and wrapped in prosciutto, they provide a perfect sweet-salty mouthful in every bite. Serve these with a crisp white wine as the ideal before-dinner tidbit." Haven't tried, but they sound tasty and easy.
- 1⁄4 cup goat cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf, finely chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 16 medjool dates (12 ounces)
- 8 thin slices prosciutto, halved lengthwise
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, mix together the cheeses and basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- With a knife, make a lengthwise incision in each date. Gently open the dates slightly and remove the pits. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon cheese mixture inside each one. Close the dates around the filling. Wrap a piece of prosciutto around each date and secure with a toothpick.
- Arrange the stuffed dates on a platter and serve.