Goat Cheese Stuffed Dates With Basil & Prosciutto
- Ready In:
- Soak toothpicks in water while preparing the dates. Use a sharp paring knife to slit each date lengthwise, and pop out the pit. Snip basil leaves from stems - use sharp scissors to avoid bruising the leaves. For larger leaves, slice in half lengthwise.
- Cut prosciutto into strips about 1 inch wide by 4 inches long. For packaged prosciutto this generally means cutting each strip into quarters.
- Preheat broiler.
- With a small spoon, butter knife, or offset spatula, stuff about 1 teaspoons goat cheese into each date.
- Wrap a basil leaf around each date.
- Wrap prosciutto over the basil, securing with a toothpick.
- Place in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
- Broil for about 2-3 minutes, use tongs to turn dates over, and broil another 2-3 minutes until prosciutto is golden and sizzling.
- Transfer to serving dishes.
- Garnish with fresh basil.
- Delicious hot from the over or at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!