Recipe by :)Shirl(:
Written on a very yellowed and tattered piece of paper. Have no idea where it came from and have not tried it yet. Posting to save and for you. It does not call for a type of bread and I'm sure that that would make or break this dish. Think I will try with a nice sourdough, but will let sit for an hour or so in the refrigerator to soak before baking.
- 7 slices bread, crust removed 1-inch squares
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 10 ounces small shrimp, drained well
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, cut fine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease or spray a 2 quart casserole dish.
- In casserole dish layer half the bread, shrimp and cheese, repeat layer with remaining half of bread, shrimp and cheese.
- Combine eggs, salt, paprika, parsley and milk pour over layers in casserole dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour or until knife comes out clean.
- Dot butter over top.