Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is the ultimate comfort food for us and our version of Shepherds Pie. Hope you enjoy as much as we do.
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 minced onion
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 slices American cheese
- 6 cups mashed potatoes, to serve
- Mix milk and bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle liberally with Accent (if allergic-omit it) Beat in the egg, salt, mustard, pepper and onion.
- Mix ground beef in with a fork.
- Turn into a 9-inch pie plate and bake at 350F oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven an top with cheese and mashed potatoes.
- Return to the oven for 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and the potatoes are just barely starting to turn golden.