Makes good finger food. Pleases all in a crowd so you may want to double the recipe. Makes a good appetizers or side to a salad.
- 4 baking potatoes, unpeeled and boiled for 10 minutes
- 59.14 ml sweet onion, sliced thinly
- 59.14 ml red pepper, diced
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 29.58 ml heavy cream
- 118.29 ml grated cheddar cheese
- 118.29 ml grated mozzarella cheese, cheeses
- 14.79 ml butter
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- Grate potatoes in food processor.
- Heat butter and oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Mix potatoes with rest of ingredients.
- Form into patties and cook for about 4 minutes on each side.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Very nice - we enjoyed the addition of cheeses and veggies! I did use a little extra egg, as I halved the recipe (small crowd) but still kept the 1 egg so as not to have to try to divide it! Thanks for sharing! Veggie Swap 39
These were great! Very cheesy, and the peppers and onions really added to the cakes. I did sub 1/2 and 1/2 for the cream, and it worked out fine. Thanks for a great recipe!
Yummy flavor, but I had a real hard time keeping these in patties. Nonetheless, my family ate every bite!!! I'm giving this 5 stars anyway, cuz it's probably my fault they didn't form, cuz I cheated and used frozen potatoes...the real thing for me next time!!!