Recipe by Sandy in Oklahoma
This is from an old church cookbook that was printed in the 70's. My children loved it when they were young. I had forgotton all about it until I can across the recipe tonight.
- 6 medium potatoes
- 3 medium onions
- 10 saltine crackers, crushed
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and grate potatoes and onions. Soak crushed crackers in milk until soft.
- Combine potatoes, onions, cracker mixture and grated cheese. Mix well.
- Beat egg yolks slightly and add to potato mixture. Add salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry and fold into potato mixture.
- Spoon into well greased loaf pan. Bake in 350 degree oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Invert on to a warm platter. Slice to serve.