Recipe by Mexi-Rosie
Gorditas are fat and savory corn dough "buns" that are split after they are fried and are then stuffed with favorite filling.
- 1⁄2 kg prepared masa harina flour
- 100 g crumbly queso fresco (fresh white cheese)
- 3 cooked potatoes, skinned and mashed
- salt, to taste (abt a teaspoon)
- cooking oil, for frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients.
- With hands shape into 2 or 2 1/2 inch diameter rounds, about 1/4 inch (1 cm) thick.
- Fry in hot oil.
- Drain excess fat and place on absorbent paper.
- Let cool a bit.
- Split horizontally carefully ( though not completely), so that filling doesn't slip out.
- Fill with favorite Mexican dish filling and enjoy.
- Some filling suggestions: refried beans and cheese with chipotle, mashed or cubed potatoes with dried chorizo, Mexican ground meat hash, shredded chicken or pork with thick salsa, etc.