Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is modified version of the other pide recipe in my favourites. It does not include yeast so it is faster and easy to make. it is not authentically "turkish" as i am not turkish and so I made it according what ingrediants are available to me.
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- mozzarella cheese
- feta cheese
- add flour, and salt and water to bowl.
- add lemon juice and baking soda.
- stir until combine in a ball.
- knead for 5 or 6 minutes.
- turn onto floured surface and cut into 5 balls.
- flatten balls into oval shape.
- top balls with cheese (as much as you want) and you can put tomato sauce under the cheese if you like.
- turn edges over dough about half an inch.
- fry one at a time in a pan until bottem is cooked.
- transfer to oven in an oven pan and broil until top is golden and cheese is bubbling.
WOW, wow, wow! This recipe is amazing! The pide taste so great with the dough being soft and crips at the same time and the cheese topping adding just the right amount of flavour and moisture. I used a mix of different cheeses (gouda, aged goat cheese, cheddar) and decided to also add a hard-boiled sliced egg, some sauteed onions and a bit of cream cheese to the mixture. That worked out wonderfully and tasted so good. I think adding tomato sauce would be good, though. I needed to add 1/4 cup more flour as my dough was too wet, but then it was very easy to handle. I only got 4 pide from the recipe, but I guess I just made mine bigger. :)
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this great recipe with us, fisabililah! I cant wait to make it again!
Made and reviewed for one of my babies during PAC Spring 2012.