Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is one of those quick and easy appetizer recipes to have on hand for unexpected company.
- 1⁄4 lb grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 24 stuffed olives
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Make dough by mixing cheese, butter, flour, salt and paprika.
- Pinch off dough and wrap around each olive, making little balls.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10- 15 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- May be made ahead and frozen until ready for baking.
This is a very handy item to have waiting in your freezer, should unexpected company drop in. I made these a lot in the late 70s and early 80s, and I remember that it was important to tell everyone what they were; they don't look like olives and olive-haters will be in for a nasty surprise if they bite into one. I really enjoy the taste of these. Once you get the hang of wrapping the dough around the olives, they are fast and easy to prepare. I think that using a sharp (old) cheddar gives the best results.
I love these. You must like olives though or you will be disappointed.
I was happy to find this recipe as I used to make them years ago and lost the recipe. I used to freeze them on a cookie sheet, then put them in a freezer bag and when company came VIOLA, I could take out as many as I needed and baked them! Thanks Mystery Girl!