Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great Kid-friendly dish. Buttery Crushed Cheese Nips really make this dish. Plus, can be put together in no time.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 10 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 lbs frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups crushed cheese nips (or other cheese flavored crackers)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all of the casserole ingredients together.
- Put into a large baking dish.
- Mix cheese nips and 1/4 cup melted butter together.
- Spread on top of casserole.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
Have to agree with ChamoritaMomma's 5yo! And you were right, Allybee, the cheese crackers brought a simple potato casserole out of the ordinary. Thnx for sharing your recipe. Made for PAC Fall 2009.
In the words of my 5 yr. old....mmm mmm mmm!! This is a keeper recipe, thanks for sharing!!