Prep 25 mins
Cook 12 mins
I found this in a small recipe cookbook years ago that they sell at the grocery check out counter, I don't remember which one. This is a very tasty, kid friendly dish. My kids love to help make this, and ask for it all the time. Make sure to make extra, because they heat up real well the next day too!!
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb chicken tenders or 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups cheese nips, crushed (makes about 1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup of finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 -2 egg
- onion powder (to taste) (optional)
- garlic powder (to taste) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray 9x13 glass pan or jelly roll pan (15.5 x 10.5) with cooking spray.
- (I cut up the chicken into bite size pieces but the chicken can also be left in chicken tender sizes).
- Mix crushed cheese nips and cheddar cheese in a bowl.
- Combine egg, onion powder and garlic in a separate bowl.
- Dip chicken into egg mixture, and drag through the cheese nip/cheddar cheese mixture.
- Place chicken in single layer close together in glass pan.
- Bake uncovered 10 to 12 minutes or until no longer pink in the center, and the coating is crispy.
- Serve with barbecue sauce, ranch dressing or ketchup if desired,.