Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a fun appetizer to serve at a pary or get-together. You can play around with the spices. I've even added cumin and tumeric at times to give it a more exotic flavor.
- 1 (2 lb) loaf pumpernickel bread
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 lb melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- Cut out a hole in the center of the rye bread, making it a bowl with a rim and all.
- Set aside the bread to be torn into pieces small enough to scoop.
- Mix all other ingredients together until mixture is smooth.
- Place the dip into the center of the bread.
- Place on a large round platter and put torn bread all around it so people may scoop up the dip with the bread.
this is a lovely dip to take to potlucks - it's gone first every time. Thanks!!