Recipe by Graybert
One of our "easy" dinners - thanks to the great people at Kraft. Have had this recipe for quite some time and we love it!!
Top Review by Recipewrestler
Made this for tonight's dinner; was easy to make, colorful, very appealing in appearance. In step 6 you're to top with remaining cheese and salsa. It took me a minute to decide that the remaining cheese was the Monterey Jack, but no additional salsa was called for in the ingredients. Fortunately that wasn't a "biggie" as I had plenty of salsa available. DH and I decided that using the salsa as a sauce base was not our "cup of tequila", so I'll use this basic recipe and improvise with a taco sauce next time. The recipe has definite merits and is worth trying. I'll be interested in what other raters have to say. Maybe someone with lots of enchilada experience can try it and let us know.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 cups salsa, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 12 6-inch flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- BROWN ground beef in frying pan; drain.
- STIR into meat, 1 cup (250 mL) salsa and 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- SPREAD 1 cup salsa in bottom of lightly greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- PLACE 1/4 cup meat mixture in centre of each tortilla; roll up.
- PLACE tortillas, seam-side down, in dish.
- Top with remaining salsa and cheese.
- BAKE at 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until hot.