Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is one of our favorite breakfast/brunch recipes. The only tip we have is to make sure the eggs are pretty much set when mixing in the skillet and before putting the pie into the oven. Otherwise they will come out a bit runny. We've made this recipe in both round pie-plates and square(9x9) baking dishes. Both work well, so use what you have available. Enjoy!
- 1 cup coarsely crushed corn flakes
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 8 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- 3 slices process American cheese, cut diagonally into halves
- Mix cornflakes and 2 tablespoons melted margarine; reserve 1/4 cup. Spread remaining cornflake mixture in ungreased pie plate, 9 x 1 1/4 inches, or quiche dish.
- Heat 1/4 cup margarine in 10-inch skillet over medium heat until melted.
- Beat eggs, milk, chives, seasoned salt and pepper with hand beater. Pour egg mixture into skillet; add 6 slices crumbled bacon.
- Cook over low heat, stirring gently, until eggs are almost set. Quickly spoon into pie plate.
- Arrange cheese, overlapping slightly, around edge of plate. Sprinkle with reserved cornflake mixture and additional 2 slices crumbled bacon.
- Bake uncovered in 375 degree oven until cheese is melted and eggs are firm, 10-15 minutes.